Friday, December 19, 2008

Beautiful Mom

It has been a couple of months since I have posted. Mariann having a few complications and missing 46 days of school! Today I am in Pocatello, Idaho with my family planning our dear mother's funeral. I need to share my love for her!
Mom, you are amazing! In your 80 years you have done so many amazing things. You were a loving wife for 61 years. The mother of 10 children. I can't imagine how many loads of wash you must of done, by hand! Dirty diapers that you changed, that were not disposable. Just thinking of all the inventions that you have used to help with your chores.
Most importantly, you shared your testimony with me daily. You taught me to "Make new friends and keep the old. One is silver and the other is gold."
You taught me to LOVE EVERYONE! Never burn bridges. You taught me to have proper manners at the table. I might need to work at that one since moving out of the house. But most of all to follow the example of our Savior, Jesus Christ. May I strive to follow to keep His commandments as you have.
I want you to know how much I love and respect you! Thank you for having just "one" more. You will be missed! I am so grateful to KNOW that we will see you again in the Eternities! I love you!

4 comments:

My name is Andrea said...

Oh Lisa,
I am so sorry to hear of your mom's passing! I'm right there with you and so grateful for our knowledge of eternal families!
All our love...

Wilde Family said...

Lisa,
I am so sorry! I can't believe you held yourself together so well on Wednesday. I hope you are doing ok. We love you and please let me know if there is anything I can do!
Love, Darcey

Dan + Laurie Udy said...

I am so sorry. I just lost my grandma and it is a horrible feeling. She lived in Pocatello too.
Wish you the best!!

Doré said...

Lisa,
I am so happy to find your blog but at the same time sorry to hear about your mother. Isn't it wonderful to have the knowledge of our Heavenly Father's plan? I saw a picture of Marianne on your blog and she is absolutely beautiful! I would love to see pictures of Angelica and your youngest two. I hope you and your family are doing well. I was able to catch up with Bret the other night. We chatted online for over an hour. You have a great family!